For the School to adhere to all Health regulations according to administration of any Chronic or Acute Medication, we need all parents to adhere to the following instructions when sending any Chronic or Acute medication to school/hostel.
1. All medication must be sent in its original containers.
2. All medication must be clearly marked with:
– Medicine Name and strength: etc. Ritalin LA 30mg
– Childs Name and Surname: etc. James Mafokeng
– Dosage that must be taken: etc. 30mg or 15ml
– Times/Frequency that Dosages must be taken: etc. At 6h00, 14h00 and 18h00 or 3 times a day.
These precautions are taken to ensure that your child receives the correct medication as well as correct dosages, at the correct times. It is also needed for the nurse on duty to monitor the expiry dates and batch number on the medication container for the safety and health of your child.
Additionally, it is also important to send a new copy of the prescription when any medication changes, dosages changes or administration time changes. Also, a new copy of the prescription is to be provided every 6 months.
Please note: If the child returns to school with medication that does not adhere to the Health Regulation stipulated, the child would be sent back home.